Confidentiality and Integrity
The confidentiality and integrity of information is not guaranteed on the Internet. Therefore, messages that you send to us by electronic means may be intercepted and/or modified, both in their content and their origin. Eramet disclaims any responsibility in this regard. If you do not wish to send personal information over the network, you can use postal mail to communicate it to Eramet.
At Eramet, we attach great importance on how we use your personal data. We wish to inform you, on a totally transparent basis, about our practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data that you provide to us. This also applies to all types of data that may be collected by cookies and other technologies used on our website.
Collection and use of personal data
We may collect personal data that you voluntarily provide to us when you:
- ask us for information about our products and / or services;
- send us a question;
- subscribe to our services; and
- submit your resume directly or in response to a job posting published on our website.
The personal data you provide to us constitutes:
- contact data, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number;
- login credentials to connect to our website, such as username and password;
- other data pertaining to account registration and the user profile, such as occupation, education, qualifications, and photo(s);
- comments, and other information you provide, including search queries, questions and information that you send to customer service; and/or
- communication interests and preferences, including the preferred language.
We may also collect your personal data from social networks when you allow Eramet to access your data on a social network.
This data can be used for:
- communicating with you to respond to your inquiries;
- following up on your subscriptions;
- assessing your profile for employment purposes;
- complying with applicable legislation or any other legal obligation.
This data will be kept for the established duration based on the legitimate reasons for which it was collected, as well as for other essential purposes such as respecting our legal obligations, commercial and financial record-keeping, conflict resolution, security purposes, and detecting and preventing fraud and misuse. In all cases, the retention period of your data is determined according to applicable legal provisions.
Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if it is necessary to:
- comply with any law, regulation, legal procedure or other legal obligation;
- detect, investigate and prevent security problems, fraud or technical problems;
- protect the rights, property or safety of Eramet, our users, employees or others.
In the event of disclosure to third parties for the aforementioned reasons, Eramet undertakes to take the necessary steps to protect your personal data.
Your personal data may be disclosed to affiliates of the Eramet group in charge of processing your requests, subscriptions or applications outside your country of residence.
In the event of such transfers, Eramet has established internal privacy policies and processes to ensure a high level of protection across all Eramet affiliates, regardless of where the personal data come from and where they are processed.
We may also share the information you have provided to the suppliers we use to perform services on our behalf. Under their contract, these providers are not permitted to use or disclose such data except to the extent needed to provide these services or meet legal requirements. We may also disclose information about you when required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate physical, technical and administrative security measures to protect against unauthorized access to personal data that you voluntarily provide to us and against any unauthorized use or disclosure thereof. In the event that an unauthorized third party has access to your data, we will inform you and also notify the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés (CNIL) or any other national authority if these data are not stored in France.
Your rights and your choices on your data
- you have a right of access, which allows you to read the personal data in our possession;
- you have a right to rectify your data by asking us to modify these data if they are inaccurate;
- you have a right to be forgotten, and to request the deletion of your personal data if they are not necessary for the purpose of your request;
- you have a right to the portability of the data, i.e. you can recover all the data that you have given us, in a standard, operable format by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Finally, if you consider that the processing of your data has been carried out in violation of the applicable regulations, you have the right to lodge a complaint with CNIL.
Eramet, in its capacity as data processor, has appointed a Data Protection Officer ("DPO") who can be contacted at the following address: email@example.com
What’s a cookie?
A cookie is a like a small text file stored on an internet user’s device (computer, tablet, smartphone). Cookies let website developers keep user data in order to make browsing easier and provide certain features.
Information about cookies
- display, on your first visit, the banner that informs you cookies are used and lets you accept or reject them;
- make browsing easier for you and optimize your preferences for a session;
- determine and measure visit and user statistics for the website in order to improve use, navigation and features.
Cookies built into third-party applications
www.eramet.com has features that let you share content or post comments. These include sharing via LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google +.
How can cookies be deleted or switched off?
If your browser is set to refuse all cookies, some of the services offered by www.eramet.com will be unavailable.
Browsers all have different settings. To find out more, see the following links:
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/products/internet-explorer
Information / contact
You can contact us for any question by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Direction générale – Direction de la Communication – Gestion site Web
10, boulevard de Grenelle